Mature with Meridian Cycles
Meridian Cycles offers a trade-in program for youth bikes. Trade-in your used youth bike, bought from Meridian Cycles, and you get a discount toward the purchase of a new bicycle for your growing rider!
Bike Exchange Criteria
- Paint/logos are new looking and are free of any major scratches or blemishes.
- Has all original accessories in like new condition (streamers, fenders, axel caps, baskets, pads, etc...).
- No rust is evident.
- Tire tread is even, front and back, and rubber is in good condition.
- Grips are whole and have not been crashed or laid down on bar ends.
- Saddle is new looking not scuffed or torn.
- 12" or 16" bikes that have training wheels are in unworn state.
- If geared, derailleurs free of any obvious damage and fully functional in their current state.
- If rim brakes, rims show little to no wear on braking surface and pads at 90% or better.
- Paint may have minor scratches but otherwise good looking.
- Has most original accessories and in good condition (streamers, fenders, basket, pads).
- May have a little rust in bolt heads but none on chain or elsewhere.
- Tire wear is less than 50%.
- Grips are intact, may not look new but not torn or worn significantly.
- 12" or 16" bikes that have training wheels are in good condition (not bent and tires roll smoothly).
- If geared, derailleurs are free of any obvious damage and fully functional in their current state.
- If rim brake: rim and brake pads have over 50% life left.
Sorry, we do not accept:
- Dirty bikes.
- Rust present on parts, frame and/or chain.
- Bald, skidded tires, or cracked rubber (unless otherwise "excellent/good" can deduct for tire/install).
- Major scratches or any dents.
- Tears in saddle; grips with holes in bar ends or otherwise badly worn (unless otherwise "excellent/good" can deduct for saddle and/or grips and install).
- 12", 16" bikes with missing training wheels.
- Rim brakes with rims/pads worn over 50% (unless otherwise "excellent/good" can deduct for new pads and install).
- For geared models, any bike with non-functioning derailleurs, cracked housings, or frayed cables.
- Any bike with spray painted frame/parts or non-original parts.
- Any bike with stickers covering original paint/logos (please remove prior to estimate).
- Any bike with significant parts spec differences than current models (i.e.: older models of 24" bike without suspension).
Sorry we do not accept: Tricycles, Trail-a-bikes, wooden balance bikes, unicycles, or BMX.